Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life Lists

I recently heard of something that made me sit up and listen. Someone was talking about ‘Life Lists’. I have heard of the usual ‘things to do before your 30’, ’99 things to do before you die’ books, however these never really motivated me, a life list sounds like something that is within ones grasp, I mean, It’s just like having an extra special ‘To Do’ list!

So, I have decided to write one! Not in one evening, but over time.. Like all good lists the satisfaction comes with ticking things off, this means that I have to be sensible with what I put on it! I guess what I am thinking of doing now is planning the planning. (Oooo, I love a good plan!!!!)

Putting my HR hat on, the list items have to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound. If you think about just how depressing it is when you don’t achieve a job related objective, it would be hideous if your life list was so unrealistic that it had a negative effect on your well-being!

I realise that writing a life list isn’t for everyone either, some may just see it as a load of horse pucky, however, it’s got to be a worth a shot hey? I don’t intend to take it too seriously, however I do want to have fun in the process of writing the list.

Will share more soon.....

No comments: